Benjamin S. Giese
- April 10, 1959
- Hyannis, Massachusetts
- Assistant Professor
- Oceanography, Texas A&M University
- Assistant Research Scientist
- Meteorology, University of Maryland
- Post-doctoral Researcher
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Research Assistant
- University of Washington
- Ph.D. Oceanography
- University of Washington, 1989
- M.S. Oceanography
- University of Washington, 1985
- B.A. Physics
- University of Chicago, 1981
- Climate modeling
- Interannual variability
- Climate change
- Father, Graham Giese, is an oceanographer at Woods Hole Oceanographic
- Mother, Rachel Brown, is a photographer in Ireland.
- Brother, Josh, is a photographer in Los Angeles, California.
- Brother, Daniel, is pursuing a Ph.D. in education for the learning
disabled at UCLA.
- Sister, Maria, is a movie director currently making her next
film, When Saturday Comes, in England.
- Wife, Rachel Bramson, M.D., teaches Family Medicine at TAMU
College of Medicine and practices family medicine at Scott & White Health
- Son, Noah, is 10 weeks old and likes to sleep and eat.
Best books read recently:
- Curious George
- Where the Wild Things Are
[Previous | Contents
Oceanography, Texas A&M
Updated July 24, 1995