Texas A&M University O&M Building
Room 605 MS 3146
College Station, Texas 77843
Ph.D. Physical Oceanography, University of Miami, 1975
M.S. Ocean Engineering/Acoustics, University of Miami, 1971
B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Maine-Orono, 1965
- Dynamics of shelf, marginal and coastal seas;
- Western boundary current fluctuations;
- Observational and modeling studies in shelf and coastal ecosystems;
- Tidal-power generation
- Brooks, D.A., 2011. Salinity and tides in a mesotidal estuary: the Kennebec River of central Maine. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science (in revision).
- Brooks, D.A., 2010. The hydrokinetic resource in the central Maine coast between the Kennebec and Damariscotta Rivers. Renewable Energy 36(5), 1492-1501
- Brooks, D.A., 2009. Circulation and dispersion in a cancellate coast: the rivers, bays and estuaries of central Maine. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 83, 313-25, dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2009.04.009
- Brooks, D.A., 2006. The tidal-stream energy resource in Passamaquoddy-Cobscook Bays: A fresh look at an old story. Renewable Energy 31(14), 2284-2295.
- Brown, C.A., Holt, S.A., Jackson, G.A., Brooks, D.A., and Holt, G.J. 2004. Simulating larval supply to estuarine nursery areas: How much variation in larval supply to Aransas Pass inlet is explained by physical processes? Fisheries Oceanography, 13(3), 181-196.
- Brooks, D.A., 2004. Modeling tidal circulation and exchange in Cobscook Bay, Maine. Northeastern NaturalistVol. 11 (Special Issue 2), 23-50.
- Brooks, D.A. 2002. Review of: Seas at the Millennium: An Environmental Evaluation. (C. Sheppard, Ed.),Pergammon Press, 2352 pp. Oceanography 15(1), 146-147.
- Brown, C.A., Jackson, G.A., and Brooks, D.A. 2000. Particle transport through a narrow tidal inlet due to tidal forcing and implications for larval transport. J. Geophys. Res. 105 (C10), 24141-24156.
- Xue, H., Xu, Y., Brooks, D.A., Pettigrew, N., and Wallinga, J. 2000. Modeling the Circulation in Penobscot Bay, Maine. Estuarine and Coastal Modeling (M. Spaulding and A. Blumberg, Eds.), Am. Soc. Civil Eng., 1299 pp.
- Brooks, D.A., Baca, M.W., and Lo, Y.T. 1999. Tidal circulation and residence time in a macrotidal estuary: Cobscook Bay, Maine. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 49: 647-665.
- Circulation, tides and mixing processes and the distribution of lobster larvae along the central Maine coast
- Modeling tidal and riverine circulation in shelf and coastal environments
- tidal power generation
- Professor, Oceanography, Texas A&M University, 1987-present
- Executive Associate Dean and Associate Dean for Research, College of Geosciences, 1998-2003
- Head, Department of Oceanography, Texas A&M University, 1994-1998
- Adjunct Scientist, Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences, 1988- present.