P.O. Box 1675
Galveston, Texas 77553
- Ph.D., Physical Oceanography, Oregon State University, USA 1993
- M.S., Applied Physics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, 1984
- B.S., Physics, Tel-Aviv University, Israel, 1982
- Air-sea interactions and physics of heat and momentum transfer between the atmosphere and the aquatic boundary layer (specifically, convective and
surface-wave related processes).
- Physical Oceanography of coastal regions. Model-aided analysis of the response of lakes/coastal ocean to external forcing
Anis, A., 2006. Similarity Relationships in the Unstable Aquatic Surface Layer. Geophys. Res. Lett., 33, L19609, doi:10.1029/2006GL027268.
Anis, A., and G. Singhal, 2006. Mixing in the Surface Boundary Layer of a Tropical Freshwater Reservoir. Journal of Marine Systems, 63, 225-243.
Vernieres, G., A. Anis, R. N. Miller, and L. L. Ehret, 2006: Generalized Inversion of Thermistor-Chain Data and a Layer Model of Lake Kinneret. Ocean Modeling, 12, 112-139.
Gal, G., J. Imberger, T. Zohary, J. Antanucci, A. Anis, and T. Rosenberg (2003). Simulating the thermal dynamics of Lake Kinneret. Ecol. Modelling, 162, 69-86.
Reiss, C. S., A. Anis, J. F. Dower, C. T. Taggart, and B. Ruddick. 2002. Relationships among vertically structured in situ measures of turbulence, larval fish, their feeding success, and copepods on Western Bank, Scotian Shelf. Fish. Oceanogr., 11:3, 156-174.
Ruddick, B., A. Anis, K. Thompson , 2000. Maximum Likelihood Spectral Fitting: The Batchelor Spectrum. J. Atmos. Oceanic. Tech., 17, 1541-1555.
Anis, A., 1998. On the structure of the upper oceanic boundary layer and the impact of surface waves. Physical Processes in Lakes and Oceans, Coastal and Estuarine studies, 54, 47-60.