Room 412 MS 3146
College Station, Texas 77843
B.S. Chemistry, Purdue University 2015
National Science Foundation S-STEM Scholar
Louis & Elizabeth Scherck Scholarship, 2015
Hypercube Award, 2015
OCNG 252 – Intro to Oceanography, Fall 2015 – Present
- Studying the degradation of CCl4 in the ocean
- Characterizing a more accurate oceanic rate loss constant for CCl4 by investigating chemical and biological rate loss in the ocean
- Reaction mechanisms in sea water systems
- Reaction kinetics in sea water systems
- Using quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics to model chemical reactions in sea water
- My research involves QM/MD modeling, laboratory experiments and field studies to investigate the chemistry involved in the degradation of CCl4 in ocean environments.
Walters, W., Goodwin, S., & Michalski, G. (2014). The Nitrogen Stable Isotope Composition of Vehicle Emitted NOx: Impact of Catalytic Converter and Implications for Regional Variations. Environmental Science and Technology.