Texas A&M University O&M Building
Room 613 MS 3146
College Station, Texas 77843
M.S., Oceanography, Texas A&M University, 2016
B.S., Environmental Science, concentration Atmospheric Physics, University of Delaware, 2013
Minor, Physical Oceanography, University of Delaware, 2013
The Society for Underwater Technology Graduate Scholarship: January 2017 – December 2017
Webber Scholarship Recipient – Department of Oceanography, Texas A&M University, Fall 2016 – current.
National Science Foundation STEM Scholar – Fall 2016 – Spring 2019
Competitive Graduate Scholarship – Department of Oceanography, Texas A&M University, June 2016 – December 2016
The Society for Underwater Technology Graduate Scholarship: September 2015 – May 2016
Louis and Elizabeth Scherck Scholarship Recipient: August 2013 – May 2016.
Science and Engineering Summer Scholar, University of Delaware, 2012
OCNG 251 – Introduction to Oceanography
OCNG 252 – Introduction to Oceanography Lab
- Role of the ocean in Climate Change
Metocean interactions in the near coast and open ocean regions
Observational and modeling studies of ocean circulation and stratification
Societal, economic and environmental impacts due to Climate Change
Oceanographic data methods and graphical representation
- M.S. Thesis- Firsthand Learning of the Circulation and Stratification off Sabrina Coast, Antarctica. Advisor: Dr. Alejandro Orsi, Texas A&M University
NBP1402: Expedition to Totten Glacier System January 24th-March 16th 2014: NSF funded research expedition to the Sabrina Basin to study new aspects of polar ocean currents and processes with significant influence to global climate change; particularly summer circulation and stratification of the continental shelf region off the Sabrina Coast through an analysis of underway bathymetric, current velocity and seawater property measurements.
Zielinski, N.J. (2016). Firsthand Learning of the Circulation and Stratification off Sabrina Coast, Antarctica. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Texas A&M University.
Advisor: Dr. Alejandro Orsi
Conferences and Presentations
Presenter, Texas A&M Student Research Week, March 2017. On the frist observations of currents and transports across the Eastern Sabrina Basin.
Guest Lecturer, OCNG281 Seminar in Communicating Oceanography, Texas A&M University, September 2016. On The Circulation and stratification off Sabrina Coast, East Antarctica.
Invited speaker, Graduate Climate Conference, Woods Hole, MA. 2015. Currents and Transports across the eastern Sabrina Basin, East Antarctica.
Zielinski, N.J., A.H. Orsi, and C. Webb (2015). Currents and Transports across the eastern Sabrina Basin, East Antarctica. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting
Guest Lecturer, GEOS401 Polar Regions, Texas A&M University, April 2014. The Mertz and Dalton Polynya Expedition.
Leadership and STEM Outreach
- Executive Board Member for the Society for Underwater Technology – Texas A&M Student Chapter, August 2016 – current.
- Vice President for the Society for Underwater Technology – Texas A&M Student Chapter, May 2015 – August 2016.
- Paper Contest Chair for the Society for Underwater Technology – Texas A&M Student Chapter, August 2014 – May 2015.
- Graduate mentor, Deep Space, Deep Ocean forum hosted by Aramco, Mentored STEM undergraduates who won the research poster competition,in Spring 2015
- Volunteer writer, supervisor, and grader, Dynamic Planet Texas Science Olympiad. Educational outreach event for middle and high school students, Spring 2015.
- Vice President, Oceanography Graduate Council, July 2014 – May 2015.
- Marketing Chief, The Society for Underwater Technology – Texas A&M Student Chapter April 2014 – May 2015.
Professional Affiliations & Certifications
- American Geophysical Union
- The Society for Underwater Technology
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Open Water Diver certified