Phone: 979) 845-7132
Fax: 979) 845-6331
Texas A&M University
O&M Building, Room 517A
College Station, Texas 77843
- OCNG 251 - Oceanography
- OCNG 401 - Interdisciplinary Oceanography
- OCNG 654 - Plankton Ecology
Dr. John Wormuth
Professor, Biological Section
Ph.D., Oceanography, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, 1971
B.A., Biology, Hope College, 1966
- Faunal characterization of sperm whale feeding areas in the Gulf of Mexico
- Annual variability of zooplankton (and krill) in the Antarctic
- Geographic variations in diel vertical migrations in pteropods, copepods and cephalopods
- Geographical distributions and taxonomy of cephalopods
- Professor, Oceanography, Texas A&M University, 1986-present
- Deputy Department Head, Oceanography, Texas A&M University, 1987-1994
- Associate Professor, Oceanography, Texas A&M University, 1977-1986
- Assistant Professor, Oceanography, Texas A&M University, 1972-1977
- Biological Consultant, Intersea Research Corporation, 1971-1972
- Vidal, E.A.G., F.P. DiMarco, J.H. Wormuth and P.G. Lee. 2002. Optimizing rearing conditions of hatchling loliginid squid. Marine Biology, 140: 117-127.
- Vidal, E.A.,F.P. DiMarco, J.H. Wormuth and P.G. Lee. The effects of starvation and recovery on the survival, growth and RNA:DNA ratio in squid larvae. Marine Biology
- Wormuth, J.H., P.H. Ressler, R.B. Cady and E.J. Harris. 2000. Zooplankton and micronekton in cyclones and anticyclones in the Northeast Gulf of Mexico. Gulf of Mexico Sci., 18: 23-34.
- Wormuth, J.H., 1998: Workshop deliberations on the Ommastrephidae: A brief history of their systematics and a review of the systematics, distributionand biology of the genera Martialia Rochebrune and Mabille, 1889, Todaropsis Girard, 1890, Dosidicus Steenstrup, 1857, Hyaloteuthis Gray, 1849 and Eucleoteuthis Berry, 1916. Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods, Smith. Contr. Zool., No. 586. 2, 373-383.
- Dunning, M.C. and J.H. Wormuth, 1998: The ommastrephid squid Todarodes: A review of systematics, distribution and biology (Cephalopoda: Teuthoidea). Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods, Smith. Contr. Zool., No. 586. 2, 385-391.
- Loeb, V.J., A.F. Amos, M.C. Macaulay, and J.H. Wormuth, 1993: Antarctic krill stock distribution and composition in the Elephant Island and King George Areas, January-February, 1998. Polar Biology. 13, 171-181.
- Park, C. and J.H. Wormuth, 1993: Distribution of Antarctic zooplankton around Elephant Island during the austral summers of 1988, 1989, and 1990. Polar Biology. 215-225.
- Wormuth, J.H., R.K. O-Dor, N. Balch, M.C. Dunning, E.C. Forch, R.F. Harman, and T.W. Rowell, 1992: Family Ommastrephidae. In "Larval" and Juvenile Cephalopods: A Manual for their Identification (M.J. Sweeney, C.F.E. Roper, K.M. Mangold, M.R. Clarke and S.V. Boletzky, eds.). Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology. 513, 105-119.
- Wormuth, J.H., 1986: Factors affecting the biogeography of mid to low latitude euthecosomatous pteropods. In Pelagic Biogeography, (A.C. Pierrot-Bults)